If you win awards it can bring many benefits to your business. It can help to build your credibility, provide greater recognition, differentiate you from your competition, improve staff morale and generate new business.
Here are my top ten tips to help you win awards for your business.
- Only enter if you truly believe you can win: Entering awards is a time consuming process and there is no point entering if you really don’t believe you have a good chance of winning.
- Give yourself plenty of time: It takes time to pull together all the material you need to complete a powerful entry. It can’t be rushed and you need to put time aside to make it happen.
- Read the entry requirements very carefully: Get the basics right such as the word count, entry deadlines and supporting evidence. Ensure you are entering the right category.
- Be clear what the judges are looking for: Spend time reviewing what they are really looking for and make this information prominent in your entry. Look at previous winners to see what they have done to gain the award.
- Tell a compelling story: Be passionate and bring your story to life. Use pictures, photograph, press cuttings, videos – anything that is allowed to help tell your story.
- Provide concrete evidence: Include facts, statistics and measureable results to back up what you are saying.
- Include impactful customer testimonials: Independent feedback, especially from customers, can be very powerful.
- Write a stand out summary section: Judges may read hundreds of submissions. A strong summary will help you stand out from the crowd.
- Proof read again and again: Get other people to proof read your submission. Make sure you remove jargon and acronyms.
- Plan for your next award: Always be on the look-out for suitable awards. I only set up Sarah Boult Marketing a few months ago but have already planned what awards I will be going for.